FSSAI has structured a detailed Training Policy covering each layer of its administrative force so that knowledge can be disseminated every segment evenly and in a routine manner. To achieve the purpose, FSSAI also has developed a robust ecosystem up on which the Training Policy can easily be administered.
Apart from Trainee, the other factors of the Regulatory Training Ecosystem are as follows
- FSSAI empanelled subject matter experts for redesigning the existing Training Curriculum and Content
- Content developed by experts has been duly vetted by the respective divisions of FSSAI
- At the final stage, all the content has been vetted by a Vetting Committee of senior domain experts established by FSSAI
- FSSAI has empanelled Trainers by inviting Expression of Interests and subsequently selection of eligible persons.
- The trainers are from academia, industry as well as from Food Safety Regulatory Officials. The intention behind this is to leverage all the resources on food safety in a single platform.
- Trainers have been trained by Mater Trainers who are in turn guided by the Vetting
Committee of FSSAI
- As per Training Policy, training will be imparted through website and also through classroom modules. Training Institutes have been identified in each State.
- For recognition of Training Institute, respective States have nominated an Institute within the State or have proposed to utilize the Institutes of neighboring States
- FSSAI has visited to the Institutes jointly with the States and has recognized them.
- Budget has been divided into four components namely Training Partner's Cost, Trainer's honorarium & accommodation, Training Material & working lunch and tea for participants.
- State Government will bear TA/DA to the participants as per their entitlement.
- State Government will look after local picks & drop arrangement for the participants, faculties & Nodal Officers.